FaceLove returns to FiDi!
If you haven’t had a chance to experience the FaceLove, then you will be happy to know that the dynamic duo of Rachel Lang and Heidi Frederick are back in the Financial District. The new pop up location will be inside the beautiful studios of tenoverten on Fulton Street. The 2nd floor oasis is the perfect spot for quick beauty on the go, with an emphasis on relaxation and toning. Plus, services are offered without product, so clients can stop in and makeup is not removed, which makes this on the go facial workout extra special.
Living in New York City usually means that you are living a busy life, full of work, a busy social life and little time to prepare healthy meals. At least, that is how it is in my household and the one area that tends to fall by the wayside is fitness and eating healthy. So, when I was asked to test out the Personal Trainer Food program, I was really excited.
It is essentially a healthy meal plan that is delivered to your door with all of the condiments, proteins and snacks, ready to heat and eat. I will admit that the full 28-day plan with all meals and snacks provided was overwhelming. I didn’t realize that it would take over my refrigerator and freezer, in one delivery. However, now that I have experienced the service, I have a better idea on what I would eat and how to order. There is a super simply menu to choose from and you have the option of purchasing the 14 day or 28 day menu plan. Since I have kids and am out the door early, I tend to eat a lite breakfast and its almost always on the go. So, though the omelettes and crepes were delicious, I plan to stick to the lunch and dinner plan.
The biggest surprise so far, has been the interest of my family in the meals. They see some of the great food that I’m eating such as grilled chicken and steam veggies and they want some. So, I really love that happy accident because my family is taste testing and enjoying healthy food. The food is flash frozen and directions are included. I also appreciate the fact that you don’t need to shop for any additional items for the recipes. Everything you need is included.
FiDi Families Insiders: Enter promo code PTFMOMS125 to receive $125 off the program cost.
So far, so good and very excited to be a part of this healthy food program!
Date: Monday, February 20th
Clinic 1: 1pm – 2pm for 7 – 9 yo
Clinic 2: 2pm – 3pm for 10 – 11 yo
Clinic 3: 3pm – 4pm for 12 – 14 yo
Location: 430 West 25th Street (Chelsea Rec Center)
FiDi Families Insiders: Membership to the Parks program is free for kids 17 and younger. A waiver will need to be completed at the clinic, but nothing else to do!
Registration via Email:
For more information, please visit their website HERE
One of my kids favorite shows is My Little Pony. My 6 year old daughter, in particular has loved watching the shows and reading all about the My Little Pony world. The amount of trinkets and character toys that we have, are too many to count. Though, fan favorites are probably Apple Jack and Twilight Sparkle. That is why we were excited to learn about a pop up at the incredible Milk & Cookies kids salon in NYC.
The Milk & Cookies salon is an incredible destination on its own. So, to be able to walk into this great space and participate in a fun pop-up that is for both kids and grown ups, is truly a treat. Guests will be able to play with all new My Little Pony fashion themed products and have a chance to enjoy an exclusive spa menu, of My Little Pony-inspired treatments. And, as many who frequent Milk & Cookies salon know, all guests who participate in a service, will get to enjoy a complimentary fresh-baked cookie and milk.
PS: We know this is not a destination that is downtown. HOWEVER…it’s worth the trek uptown (we promise)!
My Little Pony Pop-Up Shop Spa Menu:
- The My Little Pony: A deluxe Mommy & Me spa treatment that includes everything a pony could hope for, including a manicure, pedicure & magical “Frosting Facial” that includes blue fizz soak cotton candy scented scrub with sprinkles and strawberry creme soufflé! $124.00
- The Rarity: Rarity LOVES fashion, and this manicure package is designed to help kids look as fabulous as Ponyville’s most fashionable pony all week long. The treatment includes a blue fizz soak, cotton candy scented scrub with sprinkles and strawberry creme soufflé. $18.00
- The Pinkie Pie: This unique, colorful, magical makeup package is like the icing on the cookie – Pinkie Pie’s favorite! $8.00
- The Twilight Sparkle: Kids can have their very own Cutie Mark with these Twilight Sparkle Glitter Tattoos! $5.00
- The Rainbow Dash: This colorful pony-inspired “do” is the next best thing to spending the day in Ponyville! The Rainbow Dash offers kids a colorful side ponytail with non-toxic Funlights Highlights and glitter sparkles. $18.00
- The Fluttershy: This flowing, softly curled Side Ponytail will help kids try out Fluttershy’s signature look for the day!$32.00
- The Applejack: Applejack knows the importance of a great look that doesn’t get in the way of her hard work on the farm. The Applejack offers a burst of fun color with a clip-in hair extension, combined with this pony’s signature braided ponytail.$32.00
Dates: February 9 – 17
Time(s): Vary so please visit the website for details > visit http://milkandcookieskidsspa.com/
Location: 1196 First Avenue (Between 64th & 65th Streets) at Milk & Cookies Kids Spa and Salon
FiDi Families Insiders: Call ahead to book treatments by calling 646-850-4032
For more information, please visit their website HERE
We are excited to welcome a business owner, author and founder of Baby Does NYC to “The Downtowner” radio show. Join us as we talk to this Londoner, now lifelong New Yorker about her business, her experiences with kids and parents and her book, “The Nanny Time-bomb”.
Listeners: Any questions for Jak? Send her an email! firstname.lastname@example.org
“I’m a London-born artist and writer for juvenile sectors. From as long as I can remember I always wanted to live in NYC. In 2010 I became a permanent resident. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I love this City so much and I think it’s one of the best places on earth to raise a family. I wanted to create an info hub where new parents could find useful NYC-related tips and resources. Baby Does … NYC, is the result.
Looking for a delicious, different way to celebrate this Valentine’s Day? Join Walkin’ NY for a Valentine’s Weekend Chocolate Tour through Soho. Visit world renown chocolatier, Jacques Torres SOHO, MarieBelle’s for her famous Aztec hot chocolate and truffles, Kee’s Chocolate and Vosges Haut-Chocolate. The tour includes seven tastings. Wear comfortable shoes and come hungry!
Date: Saturday, February 11th and Sunday, February 12th
Location: 484 Broome Street (MarieBelle location)
FiDi Insiders: Use code FIDIFAMILIES for 50% off tickets! ($40 value)
For more information and to buy tickets visit their website HERE