Looking for somewhere to send the kids for Spring break? Look no further. Project Playdate is offering a special 2 week program, either half a day or a full day for kids to attend over break. From comic book making to chess and science to tumbling and yoga, these two weeks are dedicated to helping our students explore their interests and develop their hobbies. Over the course of each week, participating students will have access to a broad spectrum of worldly and creative, social and physical learning. Both morning and afternoon sessions will involve a workshop or local excursion. On Friday’s there will be field trips!
Date(s): Monday, March 20th – Friday, March 31st [Read more…]
TimeOut Magazine NYC has put together a list of the best day camps in NYC to attend this coming Summer. There is a range of different activities from sports, nature, animals, building, girl scouts, dance, arts, educational, cooking and more! You can find just about anything you think your child would enjoy in our very own city. Check out the article to see a full list of all the camps, get details on them and even sign up your child for this coming season before space fills up.
Click HERE for more information!
Although it may be winter outside, it’s time to start researching for the right kind of summer camps for your child. Do you want to look at general camps or specialty camps? If you’re focused on day camps, do you want to look in the city or out of the city? And if it’s sleepaway camp time, there are so many wonderful options to explore near and far. Where to begin?
The New York Family Camp Fairs (the largest in NYC), presented in partnership with the American Camp Association-NY/NJ, is coming to Tribeca next week!.
Date: Saturday, February 11th
Time: 12pm – 3pm
Location: 199 Chambers Street – BMCC (Borough of Manhattan Community College)
5 REASONS TO ATTEND THE CAMP FAIR IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Time Saver! Discover a wide array of top day and sleepaway camps in one convenient setting. More than 30 camp directors will be there.
- Get your questions answered immediately by camp directors, which will help you decide which kinds of camps out there which might be right for your child.
- Don’t wait. The new year is when many interested families start doing their camp research because spots fill up.
- “Meet The Ultimate Camp Expert” – At ever Camp Fair, the ACA’s long-time Camp Specialist Renee Flax is at your service to discuss any questions you might have about researching camps, speaking to directors, an coming up with short list of the best camps for your child.
- Comfort! Many people look back at their camp time as some of the fondest memories of childhood. You’ll take comfort in knowing that you’ve tried to do the same for your child by finding a camp that’s a good fit.
CONFIRM YOUR FAMILY’S COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATION TODAY
Families (parents + children) are invited to attend the Camp Fairs at NO CHARGE.
Register online at http://bit.ly/NYFCampFairTri
Downtown Day Camp Celebrates 25 Years Since 1992!
2 – 8 Week Sessions: June 29th – August 25th
We have been bringing the suburban day camp experience to NYC since the early 1990s, creating a true summer camp in Lower Manhattan! We offer the widest variety of activities around, led by the most experienced and professional staff.
Our private Downtown Community Center boasts a private 75-foot pool for swim lessons – we use the beautiful Battery Park City outdoor ball fields, PS 234, PS 89, have three art studios, two dance studios, two gymnasium, and more than a dozen specialty rooms.
Activities include: Swimming Lessons, Field Sport Instruction (BPC Fields), P.E. Class, Pier 25, Mini-Golf, Ooey Goey Science, Visual Arts, Lego Construction, Movement & Dance, Drumming & Music, Animal Hour, Karate, Tennis, Craft-Making, Trips, Crazy Hat Day & More!
Our leadership team has over 100 years of summer camp experience! Contact us to learn more.
Bus Service Includes: FiDi, BPC and several Lower Manhattan Stops
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 212-766-1104 ext. 1250
Web – downtowndaycamp.com