American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Training. This 40-hour course will be held at the Stuyvesant High School Community Center. The training meets New York State Health Department regulations for life guards and includes CPR/AED and first-aid skills. Participants must be at least 15 years old.
- Must be at least 15 years old by 4/25/2016.
- Successfully complete Skills Test:
- Swim 300 yrds continuously using 100 yrds of front crawl
- 100 yrds of breaststroke & 100 yrds of either front crawl or breaststroke
- Swim 20 yrds using front crawl or breaststroke
- surface-dive 8 feet
- retrieve 10-pound object
- return to starting point & exit water using a ladder, within 1 min. & 40 sec.
- Lifeguard Training Manual, resuscitation mask, bathing suit & cap, lock, towel, paper & pen. Click here to purchase the manual and mask.
Certifications upon completion…
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (valid for 1 yr)
- Lifeguard Training (valid for 2 yrs)
- First Aid (valid for 2 yrs)
Date: Monday, April 25th – Friday, April 29th
Time: 4p – 10p
Location: 345 Chambers St. (Stuyvesant High School)
Ages: 15 years and up
Fee: $425 for non-members; $400 for Community Center members; $375 for students
For information and to register, call (212) 267-9700 or click here.