Governors Island is now open for the season and visitors are invited to the first annual “ShinDig”. Kids and grownups are invited to visit this gorgeous island and learn first-hand how Governors Island is tackling climate change through resilient design, zero-waste goals and thriving new ecosystem.
Participants are encouraged to explore the island, after they have done their part, with special perks and discounts from a variety of food and recreation vendors! Don’t leave too early or you’ll miss the closing party at 3 pm, which features free treats, prizes, music, lawn games and more.
All ages are welcome! Bring your friends, family or colleagues and sign up for one of two project shifts: 10am-12pm or 1pm-3pm. Sign up now!
- All-day event headquarters in Colonels Row with music, food, beer garden, games, kids’ activities and more!
- 10am-12pm: first wave of Island-wide volunteer projects
- 1pm-3pm: second wave of Island-wide volunteer projects
- 3pm: Closing reception with treats, prizes and giveaways
- Plus, all day-long discounts for all participating volunteers from our on-Island vendors!
Date: Saturday, May 4th
Time: 10 am – 4 pm (park is open until 7 pm)
Location: Colonels Row
Age(s): All ages welcome
FiDi Families Insiders: The ferry is free all weekend!
For more information, please visit the Governors Island website HERE