Cozy Friedman is the founder of So Cozy, a kids hair product line that tackles tangles, hair styling tools, swimmers hair, lice and so much more. The company was started in 1994, with the opening of the first kid-friendly salon on Madison Avenue. At a time when kids in NYC were not being offered a friendly spot for children’s hair, Cozy Friedman took it upon herself to create a destination that was not only needed, but was non-existent. Her line of hair products, salons and online store are a great resource for parents, especially for parents with kids that have a need for some of her best selling products. And, if you don’t have a chance to stop by one of her salons, her products can be purchased on the So Cozy website or at Target.
Recently, Target launched the Cat and Jack kids clothing line and So Cozy sponsored the incredible kids tent at the launch.
Her staff is also well-equipped to offer some great styling options for kids and we were lucky enough to get some styling tips that we are sharing with our FiDi Families. Summer is a great chance to experiment with hair styles since we aren’t running off in a rush to school or trying to get the kids to bed on time. So, enjoy these great “recipes” for summer and year-around hair styles, courtesy of our friends at So Cozy.
The Double Twisty Buns
- Make a center part in hair from forehead to the nape of the neck
- Once hair is evenly separated on each side, secure each side with a clip
- Spray Cinch Detangler + Leave-In Conditioner onto hair and detangle and smooth hair making it super easy to work with
- Create high pigtails on each side and secure with an elastic
- Take a dab of Behave Styling Cream and evenly distribute throughout hair
- Comb through the first pigtail and split hair into two even sections
- Take the right side section and twist it to left while at the same time crossing it under and passing it to the left hand
- Continue twisting and passing motion until completely done and tie off with elastic
- Take bottom of the twisty braid and loop it around to complete bun; secure with bobby pins
- Repeat steps on the other side
- Coat hands with a generous amount of Behave Styling Cream and distribute through hair to get strands to stand up
- Comb the sides of hair diagonally forward to highlight the Mohawk
- Push the hair on the top of your head together by making a triangle with your hands to ensure strands stay up
- Use your fingers to comb down hairs in the back
- To finish, grab some pieces from the Mohawk and twist them upwards to ensure they stay in place
We hope you have a chance to pick up some of the great So Cozy products or can stop by one of her salons on the Upper West Side or Upper East Side. And, let them know FiDi Families sent you!
FTC Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post, but were gifted product to test (and we love it).