A child can accidentally drown in 20 seconds and unlike what you see in the movies, kids don’t yell for help. That’s why every pool party should have a designated water watcher while kids are in the pool, and layered safety barriers to keep kids out when parents aren’t around.
Rules for water watchers:
- Sit close to the edge of pool
- Do a regular headcount of swimmers
- Step in when play gets too wild
- No texting, reading or watching videos
- Don’t leave the pool area without a replacement
Kids never want the party to end, which is why Life Saver Pool Fence also advocates installing multiple barriers to keep kids from entering the pool when parents aren’t around. It’s especially important for toddlers who don’t understand the danger.
To learn more, visit the Life Saver Pool Fence website HERE